- 2 Hass avocado (fresh yet soft to the press)
- 1 lime, juice of
- ½ cup red (or white) onion, diced
- ½ cup plum tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 or 2 fresh Serrano peppers, with seeds, finely chopped
- 1.4 teaspoon of salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Chop all ingredients except avocadoes.
- Cut avocados in half and remove pits.
- Scoop the avocados into a bowl, toss and coat with lime juice.
- Coarsely mash.
- Add the onions, tomatoes, Serrano peppers.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve fresh or cover to prevent the avocado from turning brown.
Home Made Tortilla Chips
- Plain tortillas (cut each one into 6 even slices)
- Oil (preferably Canola, grapeseed or corn)
- Fry the tortillas in a shallow pan of oil
- If you would like a low calorie version, you may also grill, baked or microwaved the cut tortillas.