- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- ½ cup organic polenta corn grits
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- 40 Olives
- Alfalfa sprouts
Pour chicken broth into a large pan and bring to a boil. Gradually add the corn grits while stirring. Lower heat to medium and continue stirring until creamy (approximately 10 minutes). Add butter, salt, pepper and mix. Gradually add Parmesan and mix.
Lay polenta evenly into a 9 x 12 inches baking pan. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 12 medium size fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon of grated fresh Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and finely chopped
Evenly combine parsley, spinach, basil, pine nuts, garlic and Parmesan Add olive oil and mix.
Once the polenta is set (approximately 30 minutes), carve into squares, rounds, or triangles (for the photo in this blog I used cookie molds to obtain perfect shapes).
Place 1 teaspoon of pesto onto each polenta delicacy, add alfalfa sprouts and olives.
Serve and enjoy!