- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, cut in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 20 cocktail tomatoes
- Rinse quinoa and boil 5 minutes. Stir and set aside leaving lid on. Leave lid on for 15 minutes. Remove lid and fluff quinoa.
- Chop tomatoes, basil, mint leaves, oregano and parsley and toss in cooked quinoa. Add cubed feta cheese and mix well.
- Slice off the tops of each tomatoe and set aside. Scoop out centers with the small end of a melon scope or teaspoon to make a hollow yet sturdy shell; discard centers. Place in a serving tray.
- Using a small spoon, fill each tomato with approximately 1 tablespoon of the filling.
- Place lids on top.
- Delicious served raw or lightly grilled